How do you live on 1600. amonth

My friance got laid off. We moved back to Az it is cost effective lol I am going to look for work to help out till he finds work. We moved from Ca.
Is any one else straped with limited income?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea. That wouldn't even cover my mortgage. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your job search.
    Anonymous

• how about 1200 thats was i live on, so far it okay, wish it could be better!
    Anonymous

• i lived on 800 a month but i didn't have to pay rent..... that's the biggie
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:26 PM on May. 2, 2010

• After my Mortgage that would only leave $400.. I hope he finds work soon and things star looking up for you guys.

Anonymous

• We are a family of 6 living on 900 a month......... It's extremely hard then you have bashers on this sight that pitches a fit b/c u have foodstamps and wic....
    Anonymous

• We are a family of 5 and live on about 1200/mo. How? We are smart and used our income tax refund for rent. We do this every year. So many people waste theirs on the latest gizmos and gadgets, hdtvs, Nikon cameras,down payment for vehicles they don't need. We pay up rent :-)
    Anonymous

• We live off $1456 month with 3 kids. however we dont have a mortage (house is paid for! thank goodness but we pay $455 a month for a truck we bought before we hit hard times). we do qualify for WIC. My DD is on medicaid and my SKs have secondary medicaid. We do a lot of hand-me-downs and also get clothes for holiday gifts. If things are really difficult i would reccommend talking to your division of children and family (food stamps, medicaid, etc). here they also have a program called ICAP than can help with energy assistance and daycare assistance. We have used the energy assistance part the last two winters. also, i would look into FREE activities. Here the children's museum has a free night every month. also the library has great programs - especially during the summer that are free as well. sometimes if you are in a church they can help you as well. its possible to make it work, but not easy.
    Anonymous

• Oh and we are also building up our credit with paying up rent. The extra money we make working keeps bills paid on time.
    Anonymous

• I live on $1235.00...with $88.00 in food stamps a month. I pay my house payment, lot rent, and utilities. I just manage. I can't even tell you how. It's not easy, I am lucky that my bills aren't too bad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:42 PM on May. 2, 2010

• We live on about that a month for a family of five.
    $675 rent and utilities
    $80 internet and cell phones
    $60 car insurance
    $80 karate for our oldest
    $100 gas for our cars
    ---
    = around $1000

That means we have about $600 for food and other expenses. So it isn't hard for us.
    We do not have luxuries like cable, but we don't really mind.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:52 PM on May. 2, 2010