Camping without power or showers. What can i do?

We are planning on a camping trip to a place that has no power, or showers. We plan to stay at least 4 nights. I plan on taking a sponge bath with very little water, but what can i do about my hair for 4 days and night without shampooing it? I know it will get dirty and oily. I wash my hair everyday, sometimes twice a day, and now i got to go for 4 days without shampooing it.

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 9:30 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Run the other way!!!!!!!! lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:34 PM on May. 2, 2010

• take a few gallons of water to specifically designate for your bath/hair etc. Be sure to braid your hair or tie it back because it'll get dirtier faster if it's down.
    Anonymous

• I've never tried this but I have seen dry shampoo in the sports/hunting section at wal-mart. I think hunters use it when they dont have water....We went camping for 3 days last summer and me and my girls didnt think we was gonna make it without washing our hair lol! We decided this summer we will go to the other campsite with running water and showers.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:36 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I've heard of dry shampoo before in magazines. It's supposed to help with the oil in your hair. I've seen 'shower systems' at outdoors stores. It's basically a plastic bag that you fill up and can hang up, in a tree or wherever, i think you leave it in the sunshine so when you go to take a 'shower' it's warm water. I can't remember how much it was though. It was either at Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro Shop. Have fun! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:41 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Your camping! Wash it the day you go and wash it when you get home. Put it back in a pony tail and put on a hat. Enjoy the outdoors! Its fresh and beautiful. Have fun!
    Anonymous

• You wear it in a pony or bun and wash it when you get home. Camping is not the time or place to care about stuff like that. I'd be more worried about how to properly clean your hands after handling raw meat for meals, or taking a dump.
    Anonymous

• Wash in a river or lake, that's what I've always done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 3, 2010

• They have solar showers. They are sold at most sport stores and even at walmart. They are even reasonabley cheap and something good to have if they power goes out, you can set up an outdoor shoer with some stratigically placed curtins.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:22 AM on May. 3, 2010

• My hair is short so it should be easy to manage. I think i will wash it in the nearby creek.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 4:44 PM on May. 3, 2010