Ways to save Disneyland CA → Ideas please

I live in Southern CA and my husband and I were married at Disney 10 years ago.

This year for our anniversary we wanted to take the 3 kids to Disney for a one night mini vacation. We would love to stay at the new Grand Californian.

Anyway Disney prices are insane and we have been trying to find a way to get a good deal.

Anyone have good ways to save on tickets or the hotel ?

We are no longer in the military and they do not offer firefighter discounts. We don't have AAA either.

J9Mommy

Asked by J9Mommy at 9:32 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• My family has a friend that works for a college in the area and we go through them to get discounted tickets at least...so see if you have friends of friends or anything like that, that may have discounts through thier unions.
    Anonymous

• We know several fireman who work there but so far they don't seem to know how to get this special friends pass....one guy is checking today but you know men forget easily LOL

My husband is part of a union...hmmmm....
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:37 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I would not stay at that hotel. The rooms are small, although they do have some with bunk beds. I'd stay at 1 of the other hotels (there are 2) on the property. The rates for those hotels are cheaper and the rooms are a little bit bigger. Each hotel is equally convenient to the park. The meals, snacks and drinks are very pricey-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• IDK about saving, but that hotel was awesome! We stayed there with our 2 kids a few years ago and loved it. You'll have so much fun. It was great to walk right out into the park.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I'd stay at the Disneyland Hotel. That hotel is VERY NICE, and cheaper than the Grand Californian. We booked our vacation package online last year. We got 5 nights for the price of 3, and a 5 day park hopper pass. We also got two character meals. We paid $1500 total for all of it. To me it wasn't bad.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 3, 2010

• take me with you and Papa will pay? HA HA HA
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2010