So, let me get this right... a lot of you UPHOLD the way immigrants come to the U.S. illegally?

I've read many posts on here upholding the immigrants illegally coming into our country. "Oh, they're here to make a life," etc., seems to be the biggest defense. So, in retrospect, it is okay for a citizen, then, to steal food because he/she is out of work & needs to eat? It's okay for someone to rob a bank because they have no money? Those are crimes and it's certainly crimes that are enforced in the U.S. So, my question is, why do so many defend these illegals who are criminals by breaking the law of our land? It is, after all, a crime to enter the U.S. illegally without going through the proper channels! And don't hand me this "because they want a better life" excuse. Does this mean you would find a reason to defend a bank robber? A murder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yes! i don't get it either. a crime is a crime..i don't care what your reasons are..there are proper channels, LEGAL channels! follow those, and i wouldn't care where you came from...once you are a citizen or in the process of becoming one. you know what else i think stinks? that just because your illegal momma birthed you here, you are a citizen. that's crap! like anyone's going to acknowledge being ok with deporting a mother of a new baby...crap!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• why do you care how other people think. even if you don't agree with someone else nothing you say is going to change their mind especially if its about politics. i say stop wasting your time debating about it and it kinda annoying to see these types of questions over and over and over again
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:47 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i just don't understand what the whole issue is. my hubby and his family came here from guyana as immigrants. LEGAL immigrants and later became citizens. i also have 3 friends who i can think of off the top of my head who came here legally (1 from honduras and 2 from spain) and later became citizens. what is so hard about doing things the right way? i grew up in an area where there are alot of migrant workers (most of them from mexico or haiti), and i know they do alot of hard work and i appreciate that. i think that it's great to want to do something to uplift your family, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. yes, the right way is often harder, but it will work out better in the end. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i agree with the law they passed in az and i hope alot more places make laws similar to it. i don't understand why people think it's ok to sneak in instead of doing it legal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on May. 2, 2010

• lol i asked a similar q last night.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:47 PM on May. 2, 2010

• They not only uphold it, but refuse see how millions of poor illegal aliens will affect our economy, our schools, our unemployment rate, and our crime rate. They refuse to admit that a open-door policy not only allows in the needy, but the rapists, murderers, gang members, drug dealers, burglers, and other assorted slime balls.
    Anonymous

• Try looking at it from a different perspective. I know I would do anything to feed my children if I suddenly found that I couldn't. And I would hope you would too. I don't support criminality in anyway but I know that it's impossible to judge someone in that situation.
    You should also realize you are being a little dramatic. Obviously stealing food isn't the same as murdering someone. Stop being so judgmental.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i say stop wasting your time debating about it and it kinda annoying to see these types of questions over and over and over again

Feel free to ask your own questions, symie.  No one is making you read these questions, and no one is stopping you from posting your own.

Anonymous

• she's not being judgemental..she's pointing out a crime is committed in either action. geez.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• OK. Does anyone that is ok with them coming here, to make a better life, know how long and American will be imprisoned for being in Mexico illegally? If Americans did in Mexico what they are doing here, how would they be treated there? NOT like they are here, that's for dame sure.
    I know not all of them are horrible people. I know this. I know many of them will do what they need to in order to feed their babies. And I would, too. But not illegally. And that's just the whole point. Legal vs. illegal. The illegal aspect is what's got everyone's panties in a wad. It's what is costing so much money, time, and now lives. In a round a bout way.
    It's not just as simple as, they need help, and we can help. No, we can't . It's not like they are just new next door neighbors, and we are helping until their car gets fixed and they can get to the grocery store. It's way deeper then that. And it gets to the point, it's past the point, cont
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:05 PM on May. 2, 2010

• where we can't afford it. There is just so much you can do before you become an enabler. That may sound cold, but it's true. There are immigrants that do it the legal way, if they can do it, then you KNOW it can be done.
    Some people don't see the whole picture. I don't see the entire thing. But I see a lot of it. There is only so much that our country can do. Our country still has to take care of it's people, the ones that live here, work here, pay taxes, oops, did I say that?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:10 PM on May. 2, 2010