Using double & triple coupons???

I'm not sure how to do this... I know that sounds stupid, lol. Our local Brookshire Bros. has a sign out saying that they are accepting double and triple coupons, so does that mean that if I have 2 or 3 coupons for the same item, that I can just take them up to the register and use them just as if I was only using 1? Because I have 3 coupons for $3 off of pampers diapers! Thats $9 off, and they are on sale right now! I can get a jumbo pack for next to nothing! So, if someone could tell me if I have the concept right, that'd be great, lol. ;) Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• idk you could ask the cashier.... double coupons here means that the store doubles the value of the coupon (if the value of the coupon is less than $1). but they don't say 'accepting'..... so idk. it never hurts to ask
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:29 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It usually means they'll double/triple any coupons you have. Like if you have a coupon for 50 cents off, they'll take off $1 or $1.50. Most stores around here that say that, though, have a limit. Bi-Lo and Publix double coupons all the time, but only up to 50 cents (they'll take off $1 for a 50 cent coupon, but only 75 cents for a 75 cent coupon). There's another grocery store, Bloom, who will triple coupons up to $1 every once in a while.

I don't know how your Brookshire Bros. means it, though, if it says they're accepting double and triple coupons. That's oddly phrased given my experience. Usually it would be more along the lines of "Now doubling coupons (up to $1)" or something. You might want to call and ask.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 PM on May. 2, 2010

• where i work, that means that say you are buying diapers..you can use as many coupons as you have, as long as they are all DIFFERENT...so, like, they would need to be save .50...save 1.00...save 3.00 etc...get it?? or if you do have 2 coupons and theyre both for lets say save $1.00...as long as theyre different wording on them, or the barcode on them is different, you can use them both...but if they are the EXACT same, then no, we dont accept them.....buuuuuuuut...thats just where i work...every place can and is different..i would just ask the cashier at the store...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Ask customer service for a copy of their coupon policy. Usually double/triple refers to what they'll do with different dollar amounts. So if they double up to 1.00 and triple up to .50 that means every coupon worth .51 to 1.00 will be doubled in value, and any coupon between .01 and .50 will be tripled in value. The dollar amounts vary by store - mine does doubles only and only up to .50, so at my store anything .51 and over is face value, while one for .50 is a dollar off.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:20 PM on May. 2, 2010