cleaning stuffed animals?

Are stuffed animals able to go in the wash, or do you have to hand wash them. There were a few that in the last house got nasty from mice and I want to try and salvage them. Any input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• usually it says on the tag to 'spot clean' and not to machine wash or immerse in water. that being said, i just wash them in the washer in cold water on delicate and they came out ok. haven't had any casualties yet lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Honestly rodents carry disease and I would just toss them and surprise your child with a nice clean new toy. Toys R Us has some cute ones that are not expensive.

With that said I do throw my kids plush toys in the washer all the time.
    Anonymous

• You're not supposed to puit them into the wash but I have, in a lingerie bag on delicate and let them air dry. But yeah with the rodents, I;d say throw them out.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:32 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I toss my DD's fav bunny that she cannot sleep without. In the wash on the delicate cycle with a little free detergent and a little Oxy clean. I toss him on high for 10 mins and he's fully dry. This is a stuffed toy my hubby got her on Easter when she was one, she is now 3 and it's been washed many many times.  A small hole did start to open on the seem of Bunny's arm I just sewed it up and he's as good as new.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2010

• about the mice I would toss them out like that other ladies said.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:13 PM on May. 2, 2010