nigth potty training

how you started nigth potty training, and when? MY 3 yr old boy is potty trained on during the day but at nigth he use a pull up. I dont know how to start the nigth potty training. Any ideas.. how long took for your kid?

violetlady

Asked by violetlady at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• it depends on the kid. some kids it takes longer for them to wake up if they need to go.... some as old as 11 or 12 yo. it's not their fault and not anything you can do really besides limiting drinks to an hour before bedtime and making them go right before they go to sleep. but to answer your question... i started potty training my oldest son at 2 when he was waking up with a dry diaper (so i didn't have to worry about bedwetting with him). my youngest son is starting potty training now (he's 2 ), but he wakes up from nap and bedtime with a wet diaper every time. he has no accidents during the day..... it's just something that their body needs to achieve on it's own.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:25 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Check him during the night to see when he's dry, when he might be wetting and try to wake him up & walk him into the bathroom before then.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:31 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Their bladder/kidneys and muscle control have to develop before they will stop night time urination. Just use the pull up. Try and limit his liquid intake before bed if you are really worried about it. But sometimes it just takes time. It doesn't have anything to do with their control when they are sleeping. Their little bodies just need to catch up. Have him use the potty before bed. It is beyond his control and yours at this point.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:34 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I guess we did it all at one time. I started training at 2.5, I took a week, went nowhere...took him to the bathroom on schedule almost and took away diapers, pull-ups. I put on underwear and he slept in it too. No drinks an hour before bed and he had to potty before bed. As soon as he woke up, I took him to pee. it just occured together.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Mine asked me to not wear a diaper at night. About 3-4 days into potty training (he was 3 years, 2 months when we started) he said if he could wear underpants during the day, could he try it at night? I said OK and talked to him about going pee right before bed. In the last almost 2 years, we've had a few accidents, but not many.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2010