Have u had CPS called on u?

Our neighbor called the dog warden on us because our dog got loose & scared her livestock. Now, I'm paranoid about my kids- this morning before church my dd had a FIT and was screaming her head off. i am afraid someone is going to call CPS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you have better things to do than sit and worry about what MIGHT happen. Just live life.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:13 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Kids will be kids. CPS knows they have a bad day every now and then. They are interested in the welfare of children and if you are caring for your kids and love them, you will be ok. Not all neighbors are good neighbors. Live your life and do the best that you can.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:32 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I have. Nothing came of it. She thought my son was just fine and doing great and a very mature wonderful kid and let it go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yeah - twice, by 2 different people. Both times it was unfounded and they said of those people called again they'd be the ones getting in trouble. Really freaking sucks. It was for a "dirty house" though - which they people who came said was bull, our house wasn't dirty then and isn't dirty now.
    Anonymous

• Nope. My SIL has had them called on her 6 times so far... and her oldest is only 2 1/2... Even though she deserves to loose her kids, she never has. I'm sure you're fine!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on May. 2, 2010

• my sister in law did...they took the kids and then asked questions. I wouldn't worry about it happening over a crying kid, goodness it was church...just relax
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have...

Once in 1990 in NC because a neighbor was concernced because there were often dishes that needed done in my kitchen. I was in the last few weeks of my 3rd pregnancy with a 10#12oz. 24 in. long baby and had a husband who was out in the field (Army) for 2-3 weeks at a time so sometimes it was difficult for me to stand and do the dishes. I never went to bed with dishes in the sink. CPS arrived 2 days after my 3rd child was born, to a spotless house. Charges dropped

Again in 1996 and 2000 (in TX and OH) because we homeschooled our children and my neighbors were concerned for them because they didn't go to school. Charges dropped both times.

Again in 2002 because my oldest son was severly allergic to fleas & while at football practices got eaten alive by fleas and he had marks on his legs. Someone called and said they thought we were burning our 16yo son's legs with cigarettes (we didn't smoke). Charges dropped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on May. 3, 2010