He wont sleep unless he's on me. HELP PLEASE!

My 2 month old baby refuses to sleep in his own bed. We have the pack n play set up right next to our bed. he has to sleep in a sling on a wedge for reflux and can be dead asleep and as soon as we put him in his bed he screams. The only way he will sleep in on my or SO's chest. I think he is more comfortable on his tummy. what can I do???

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 10:37 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hold him, someday these days will be over and you will be wishing for them back. sit back and enjoy your little one. both of you deserve it. : )
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 10:41 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Hold him while he sleeps. He'll grow out of it eventually.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree, it feels better for him, he will outgrow it and you will miss it...so just hold him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 PM on May. 2, 2010

• put him on his tummy. talk to your Ped. first, but i 'would (and did) put him on his tummy. Both my kids slept on their tummies as per "permission" from my Ped.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:03 PM on May. 2, 2010

• get a swing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:44 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It is completely natural for an infant to want to be close to his mother. It's only in the more developed countries that this practice has come to be seen as abnormal. Co-sleeping is safe as long as you guys don't drink/do drugs and aren't overly exhausted. There are tons of families out there who choose to co-sleep, and there are tons of benefits that have been found from it. Enjoy it while you can! Someday he'll be a teenager and you'll miss these days. I let my son sleep on my chest pretty regularly when he was that little. He'll go through stages.
    shawnaquijada

Answer by shawnaquijada at 11:45 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I cannot count how many nights were spent with my daughter sleeping on my chest. It was the only way we could both sleep easy. he will grow out of it soon enough, just keep trying tp put him down. eventually he will sleep on his own.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:34 AM on May. 3, 2010

• ok thanks, we have a swing and bouncer but he has reflux and hates both of them.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 5:01 AM on May. 3, 2010

• hey, my daughter was the same way she loves herbelly she is now 4months old and i found out if i slowly even if there awake start to move them like into my armpit while laying down(sounds weird but i no youll no what i mean) they still go to sleep bc they are close to you, i also advse a melody bear(mommy bear) they sell them at walmart n baby r us, it has a heartbeat noise and my daughter sleept in her basinet with it as long as it was on. it works wonders
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 3:01 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I had the same problem with my dtr. We also have the sling/wedge combo. Initially she wouldn't sleep in it so we got a "snuggle nest" that had an angle to it (put a book underneath it in the zipper pouch to make the angle even bigger). I actually let her sleep on her stomach initially, then transitioned her to back sleeping after talking to my Pedi about the SIDS risk. She slept between me and my hubby until she got too big for the snuggle nest, and now sleeps in our room in her crib since she needs the wedge/sling combo. I'm not ready for her to be in her own room due to issues we had with her early on.
    Anonymous