What happen to daughters asking for advise to their mothers?

Seriously! Your mother is the best asset that you have when it comes to raising your children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP if your mom is the best assest that is GREAT but its just not the case for alot of women. My mom is a great person but she could have done ALOT of things alot better. We don't have the same parenting styles. She doesn't listen to anyone expert advice so her ideas only come from what she has heard or what was done in her family. I think its really important to use all of your best resources when it comes to parenting and in every other aspect of your life.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:16 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Not my mom. She still knows nothing about having kids, didn't breastfeed, fed me eggs at 2 weeks old, and abused me and emotionally and verbally abused me. So, yeah...not asking here about kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I ask my mom for advice. I raise my kids a lot different than she raised me but she knows a lot more than she did when I was a kid. If anything, we have some good laughs together when things get ridiculously rough :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:58 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Well my mom lives abroad. So I guess that it why I miss her so much. Like every body says "you don't know what you have until you lose it".
    Anonymous

• oh my goodness, i wouldnt know what to do without my mom!!! i talk to her everyday, and see her pretty much everyday as well (shes my babysitter while i work) but yaa, shes literally my best friend ever since i had my daughter (6years ago), i cant imagine life without my mommy!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:58 PM on May. 2, 2010

Sorry to hear that. Are you sure she fed you eggs at 2 weeks. How could you remember this?
    Anonymous

• Not when their mom is hardly older than them and just as immature.
    Anonymous

• Really? and you know everyones mom?

My mom talked me into an abortion. My mom developed a drug addiction. My mom abused and neglected her adopted son. ...no. by the time i was raising a child she was not the "best asset" that i had.

She was a wonderful mother to me while i was growing up though and THAT was my best asset.

...she's dead now btw.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:10 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Not all moms... But I will be the mother that is there for whatever my daughter needs to talk about and I will make her feel comfortable so she feels free to discuss anything!
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 11:18 PM on May. 2, 2010

• well op my mom is dead and died before i got married and had kids, so good luck asking advice from her. way to be a bitch
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:19 PM on May. 2, 2010