Why did you fill out all the Census Questions? Did you know...

that the only question that was required to be answered was the question about the number of individuals living @ your address.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I filled it out and I only answered the first question. The government already has plenty of sources of my family's personal information.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:16 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Yes I filled them all out and I didn't mind doing it at all.

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• what is the big deal? it was just who lived there, their birthday and race...... what's the big deal? just curious

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i only answered that one but only because i didn't feel like filling the whole thing out.

Answer by symle456 at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, I filled them all out, and yes I knew that. I worked for the Census and I understood that the more information I provide the more money the aspects of local life that affect me will get. The more kids that are documented the more money schools get... The more driver aged teens and adults the more your local roads will be funded... The list goes on. Why would you want to short yourself by not providing all that information?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I was sent a Census form that asked for that and my race, I filled it out completely. It is very neccesary for you comunity. Honestly, if the government had the time, money and manpower, they would know your race and all the answers anyway, why not just fill it out correctly and fully? Geeze. You won't die from filling it out.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i did not know that until after i filled it out.
    and really i don't care. all the questions they asked is information already easily accessible to them. yay being a military family.

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I just didnt want a knock on my door,,,,so I filled the whole thing out,,,even if I had heard that,,,I still would have filled the whole thing out,,,who wants to be pestered by census people anyway!

• I am with outstandingLove on this one even if I'm not part of the military. come on, they are probably looking at all our posts right now and watching me pick my nose in the car on the way to work. As much as we want to believe, they have much more info on us that we would like.

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It was only 10 questions, and took less than 2 minutes from opening it up to sticking the completed form in the mailbox. What's the big deal? It didn't hurt a bit.

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:50 PM on May. 2, 2010