Changing my name...

I'll be 50 this year and thinking of changing my name . I want a sweet name that shows my love of nature. My name is Pam and I always thought it sounds like spam or pan or maam. My family thinks I'm crazy but I don't care. What do you think about the name Lily?

writeon

Asked by writeon at 11:13 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a good friend who was named Robin. She always hated her name, then in her 40's she went to spiritualist who asked why she was unhappy with her name. My friend had not mentioned that she was unhappy with her name... Anyway...this lady told her that her name should be Priscilla. She changed it.
    Now she is a Priscilla all the way. She is fun a vivacious and always the life of the party, Priscilla fits her so much more than Robin.
    I say go for it. If you feel like a Lily, then be Lily. I think it is a lovely name!
    Good luck Lily!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I don't think your crazy, but why not pick up a nickname instead?
    Anonymous

• It's my dog's name...
    Anonymous

• any other ideas? woof...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:25 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Really, you can just start putting that as your name, you wouldn't have to legally change it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:44 PM on May. 2, 2010

• How difficult is it to change your legal name? If its not a hassle, do it....Lily is very pretty
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 11:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• You only live life once. Why live it with a name you hate? Go for it.

I really wish all the mom's who named their kids messed up names would think of their kids when they get older. Poor little "Apple Rose Bush" isn't gonna be so happy when she's trying to get a job will she now?
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:04 AM on May. 3, 2010