Pope endorces Shroud of Turin?

The bible states that Jesus was buried in "strips of linen" and that his head was wrapped separately. So how can the Shroud be real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you watched the documentry on this... its real.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:30 PM on May. 2, 2010

• what difference does it make to you if the pope does this or not? Think it is not real? Fine
    Anonymous

• I don't think the Vatican has officially declared it authentic. The Vatican is not behind the times in everything, it is aware of scientific evidence to the contrary.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:32 PM on May. 2, 2010

• shane do you have a link or anything that could lead me to the documentary? I think it would be great to read/watch
    Anonymous

• I've watched a number of documentaries on this... And every one of them made the great point that it's FAKE! And yes, the bible states that Jesus' head was wrapped separately from the rest of his bible. So, if you believe the bible, you would have to not believe in the Shroud... I believe it's in John 19 or 20 (ish) where they talk about the separate strips of linen which wrapped his head.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:40 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I was always intriqued by this story since I was a child. Not only have they never proved it was real. There are several "fakes" out there as well that were painted. That is not to say that maybe one of the shrouds was an actual burial shroud with blood on it. But how could you prove whose it was. It hardly matters since I am not catholic anymore what the pope does.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:27 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I will say, I always wanted it to be real. And I always wanted Anna Anderson to be the real Anastacia too. :)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:29 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Ill try to find it it was a year ago or so that I saw it. I actually may have it on my computer still. I was blown away really!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:36 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I don't know for sure, it's not something I worry about. However I did see the documentary when it was on TV and it was very interesting and gave some real support to it this being the shroud for Jesus.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:32 AM on May. 3, 2010

• The shroud is the burial shroud of Jacques De Molay. Carbon dating has linked it to the time of his martyrdom. The computer generated images of the face on the shroud look exactly like the commissioned portraits of De Molay when he was alive.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:02 AM on May. 3, 2010