Christians: Is it A sin to love her more than God?

From what I know it is a sin to put any man before God... I have been in the church most of my life but now I am trying to build a relationship with god and today in church there was a sermon about putting man and items before God. I seriously thought about it and I think I cherish my daughter more than God. When I wakeup she is on my heart, when I go to bed she is my last thought. I would walk this entire earth and swim through every ocean for her... I LOVE HER so much. And me just being honest I don't feel that way about God yet and I feel horrible about it! I want to have that feeling for him and I know I will in time. Just wondering.... Is this a sin and will I go to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I sure hope not. It scares me too.
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Truely it is a sin. BUT God understands because that is how he feels about each and every one of us. He also understands that you are new to your faith and he will help you to get closer to Him. don't fret about it. He understands and he wants you to love that little girl as much as He loves you and her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• idk, at my church we learned that there are different kinds of love. . . if you are worshiping your daughter that would mean you're loving her in a way you should be loving God. otherwise, it's just intense love you feel for other people. i really doubt that you're worshiping her
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• No, you got the message wrong hon....your dd is a gift to you from God,,,,he wants you to love her,,,he knows that you love him,,,there is no comparison,,,,the love is equal here between you and God and your dd and you and your dd and God..all three of you love equally...no sin here,,its all good
    Anonymous

• thank you princessbeth, your answer made me feel a lot better!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:51 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree with anon 51
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:52 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I don't believe it is. Even if it is and he is going to send me to hell for it I don't regret it, wont repent or apologise for it, nor would I ever change it. My kids are my life, my heart, every thing that is good. I don't care what any one thinks about me putting them first not even god.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:53 PM on May. 2, 2010

• it is a sin IF you would put her before GOD & his commandments & NO you will not NOT go to hell..GOD is a loving GOD who will forgive you if you just ask him to.. repent of your sins, ask Jesus into your heart, tell him you love him.. then you will forever be his child.. or else all good loving parents would go to hell
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• jademom07- i agree with your answer
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:02 AM on May. 3, 2010

• My thoughts on it are this, God understands the intense love people have for their children and describes his love for us in the same terms, calling us his father and telling us that he loves us even more than parents love their children, and he is the one who put that intense love in us. It's possible that it's a sin to not love God as much, but he forgives us for all of our sins and he is the one who will draw us to him and change our hearts. But really I think the main problem would be if your love for your child (or anything else) is keeping you from God or taking the place of God in your life.
    These are just the thoughts off the top of my head, I haven't researched it so I don't have scripture verses right here to back it up.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:06 AM on May. 3, 2010