Did you always know you wanted to be a mom?.........any regrets?

I thought and was quite adament about NEVER wanting to be a mom right up until the very second my newborn was placed on my bare chest. I fell for my son in that very second and I was not shy about my feelings before. Before his birth, my son was the end of my freedom and fun! After birth, my son is the light of my life and not to mention THE BEST thing I have ever done with it! I had a whole lot of fun in my 31 years before becoming a mother and I do not even want to think about how I would feel if I had him 10 years (give or take) sooner, I KNOW that I never missed out!!!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:15 AM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes it was my only dream and I'm glad I waited until I was 31 as well
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:17 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Had first at 21, then 23, 25, and 31. You know what, there are still glimmers where I think " what was I thinking" LOL I always wanted children, I do wish I spent some time being me, before becoming Mom, I think I would have handled the first baby better, if I had some life experience. ( I'd never held a newborn before him, and they handed him over and expected me to raise him... clueless!)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:20 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I never wanted to be a mom, but had my son when I was 21! I have no regrets, whatsoever. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't feel like I missed out at all. I do wish we would have been a little more financially stable at the time, but it's all good now;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:21 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I too planend on not having children..Ever!. The thought of gaining weight and being responsible for another life. Dang, I was not responsible with my own..lol. Anyway, after I married my husband, he talked about having a child, every day!! it drove me nuts, I guess i was pressured and now, i have two kids...lol. I love my baby's, would not change them for a million bucks.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:26 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I always wanted to be a mom. And a young mom. Just so happened God had the same plans for me. I was married at 17 and blessed with a bueatiful baby boy at 19. My son is now 3 and I'm even more glad today than I ever have been to be his mommy.

For some women its just different and I'm glad that God had seen fit to bless me with a wonderful son.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:38 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I thought I was going to have a ton of kids but I only have one. She is a blast and I love her. My only regret is that I fear for her future. This world is turning into an ugly place. I hate that she may have to live in fear. When I hear her say things like she's scared of terrorists it breaks my heart. She shouldn't even have to know what that word means.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:41 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I've always wanted to be a mom.. and finally had my son at 20 and I'm now 21, my only regret is not marrying the right one and have the baby with him.. instead I got pregnant by a guy who could give a shit about kids and say he's AWESOME with kids instead he was a bullshitter. and I left him.. biggest proud decision I have ever made
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:56 AM on May. 3, 2010

• @BlooBird..........I agree totally, this world has turned into something ugly. But as an adult mother, you can help your child through it in the best way you know. That would break my heart as well, but I would relish in the oppurtunity if it came up to explain that to my son in a non-judgemental and non-partisan way. It sucks (for sure) but there are evils all around our babies every day, the true test of our abilities as parents is to present them in a non-partisan way. I find myself stressing over this more than anything else because I have some liberal (to put it mildly) views on politics and I am very adament that my son make his own choices as an adult and not take his cues from his parents.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• How are you friend?? I never wanted kids until I was 30!!! I went through a stillborn, and 3 miscarrys and finally had DS at 38,, I never thought it would happen and kind of thought it was punishment for never wanting any,, I honestly now think I was born to be a mommy, and hope that I am a good one! I love my son with all of my heart--as I am sure every Mom does,, my only regret is being too scared to get PG RIGHTafter DS was born,, I long for another baby,, but at 43 won't risk it DH will not adopt so I guess I will be satisfied being Billy's mommy,, God help the woman he marries,, LOL!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2010