Do people still use the USPS United States Postal Service to send international mail?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yep, send care-packages to my son studying in NZ but it is very expensive. $1 for a letter and $6 for a padded envelope last one was $20 for  box about 10x10

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:29 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Why bother when you can easily text.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Is it bad to send mail internationally through them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Are there other ways?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:31 AM on May. 3, 2010

• if course!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:35 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Nope your best bet is USPS,,they are the fastest and cost the less. We work with a company over seas and USPS has been amazing to get stuff there in time and to keep the cost down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have had such good luck with the postal service shipping over seas,,,I wouldnt use anyone else to ship care packages to my family in England! Fast, reliable,,they offer low cost insurance,,just the best in my book
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Uh, yeah, it's about the only way to do it - you can't fed-ex or ups stuff overseas, the USPS is pretty much the only way. For a tiny town (700 residents or so) our post office sends out a lot of international stuff (DH is an employee).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 3, 2010

• USPS is the most reliable and the cheapest for international shipments. FedEx, UPS, and DHL all charge brokerage and customs fees to the recipient (because they're private companies). I used them all the time when I was a full-time Ebay seller, and they never disappointed me! I guess SOME government divisions are actually reliable and efficient! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I've used UPS and Fedex countless times in my life.Mine are cool they will leave my packages inside one of my vehicles if I want.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:07 AM on May. 3, 2010