DO I TAKE TO HOSPITAL??

My 13 month old possibly ate a penny. Do I take her to the er or do I let it pass?? We had some change on the table I beleive it was 3 pennys and now there are only 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call the on call doc and see what they say.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:28 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I would call her doctor and see what he/she says first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 3, 2010

• nope she'll be fine, as long as she can breathe, drink fluid and eat something. Gert her to have a drink of water. If that goes fine, give her a very small amount of white bread ( like a piece as big as the coin. If she swallows with no worries your all good. Keep an eye out in her diaper for it, if it hasn't passed in the next 3 days go to the dr. How do I know this? Cause we had the same thing here last week!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:30 AM on May. 3, 2010

• If you are a smart parent you should children can die from swellowing something like that. If you are not a smart parent then don't take the child to the er.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 3, 2010

• "If you are a smart parent you should children can die from swellowing something like that. If you are not a smart parent then don't take the child to the er. "

Geez people are rude. This is a valid question and she probably was already going to call the doctor, but maybe she thought this needed an ER trip immediatly instead? Lighten up.
    Starfishsea

Answer by Starfishsea at 7:38 PM on May. 4, 2010