Do men opt to have an affair only because the other woman looks better than the wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that, just as with women, men cheat for a variety of reasons. It might be that she's more attractive physically in his eyes, or more attractive personality wise. It might be the thrill, it might be that there is a true need not being met by the spouse and either the cheater is not mature enough or open enough to talk to their spouse or they have tried talking to their spouse and got nowhere. Honestly, I've always been the type to not really care what his reasons are for cheating. If a man cheats on me, he cheated, and that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter why. Even IF, a big IF, he cheated b/c of something I did, or something I could have fixed, he still cheated and that's on him and I won't feel bad. I also tend to agree with my boyfriend somewhat, that women focus on emotional aspects of cheating, while men focus on physical aspects of cheating.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:32 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Not ONLY for that reason. I'm sure some men do, though. But there's usually a variety of factors that play into that decision.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:50 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have always found socialism fascinating and from what I have learned, NO! It is the difference that excites us(not just men) to cheat. Just the thought of being naughty or doing something outside of your comfort zone is the attraction, the danger!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:58 AM on May. 3, 2010

• No in fact most of the time it has nothing to do with the other woman looking better than the wife at all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:58 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Also, the thrill of feeling attractive to another person is addicting for people.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:59 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I think most men have affairs with women that give them a lot of attention and make them feel important.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• My husband had a one night stand with a lady he knew (we both knew) and she was as far from pretty as they come, twice his age, and a smoker which he hates. I think it was just the thrill of someone wanting him and for him the thought of getting away with something naughty. He was the one who came clean to me. I would have never known and after years of counseling I forgave him. But sometimes I almost wish it would have been a pretty woman, then at least it would have made more sense to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 3, 2010

• OOOOOOO I love that, my points proved by Anon.18!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:34 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Prince CHarles cheated with Camilla Parker Bowles and I think it's safe to say she is nowhere near as pretty as Diana was.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:02 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I think men cheat because their wives are selfish in the bedroom and treat them like children not worthy of respect. Some of the posts I see here on Cafemom validate that. Women complain about their husbands being lazy and stupid and think it's perfectly ok to turn them down regularly for sex because they don't feel like it and use sex as a weapon.Then they wonder why their husbands want to watch porn and cheat on them with other women. Women will get together in their little hen parties and bash their husbands instead of talking to them about their problems. It's not rocket science. Happily married men do not cheat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on May. 3, 2010