Am I the problem here?

I am beside myself with worry. I had to go to the hospital with undiagnosed chest pain. So they set me up with a stress test. I am 29 years old and in good health. I need to lose a few pounds, but I'm not obese. The doctors want to rule out heart problems since I am raising my 3 kids alone while DH is away for a year for his job. He said he didn't want to assume it was nothing and me drop dead a few days later, ya know? I have only asked once or twice since December for a sitter so I could relax and have a break but every one was busy. I desperately need a sitter for this test tomorrow and as of right now, my only option is to keep my older kids out of school to watch my baby. My MIL interrupted me when I was asking her to watch my baby, and went back into her house. My sister said she had to go grocery shopping, so she couldn't watch my child. WTH? I don't get it. I'm scared to death that some thing is wrong with me, but

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO YOUR NOT THE PROBLEM!!!! Your family should help you out a little more......grocery shopping????? Hello, Wal-mart is open 24/7.........can't she go AFTER she babysits for your appointment? Anyways, as far as your chest pain goes......I had the same thing when I was 20. After three trips to the emergency room and finally a full body cat scan.......I was finally diagnosed with Plur-a-see (that is how it is pronounced, I'm not sure how it is spelled) It is an infection in the outer lining of your lungs. It will cause intense chest pain(angina pectoris) and will be worse if you move around. It is easily treatable with strong antibiotics. The only help I can think to give you about your lack of help with childcare is..........network,network,network.........the more moms you know the more "favors" you can lean on. Just make sure you return the favor! Best place to net work? PTA meetings......and church. Wish you the best!!!
    KristyAb

Answer by KristyAb at 2:37 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I can't get any help with my kids so I can see what is going on here! If I had a baby sitter every weekend and pestered them about watching my kids, I could understand, but this is my HEART. I have a long history of undiagnosed chest pain, and they all know it. I don't understand why no one can watch my kid long enough for a stress test. No, he's not a brat, either. He'd probably be asleep the whole time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Well I hope your tests go well and they find out whats wrong. Maybe it's just anxiety. If you have to keep your older one home to babysit then you have to, you need to get this done.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:23 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I think the problem is the term STRESS test. Tell them you are going in for an EKG to monitor your heart rate while your heart is working hard to establish if there is a problem because they want to rule out A fib and V fib. Don't ask if they will babysit, tell them when you need them and ask if they want the baby dropped of or if they will pick him up . THEN if all else fails...keep your kids home. It is sometimes neccesary. Good luck.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:25 AM on May. 3, 2010

• You know, I told them I had a history of anxiety, but the sharpness of the pain really scared me this time. It radiated down my arm and into my back. My DH is in Iraq and pissed that I told him I was going to skip the test since I couldn't get a sitter. He suggested me keeping my son home to watch my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh they all know what a stress test is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 3, 2010

• BUMP
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:32 AM on May. 3, 2010

• OP here; Yes, I've had pleurisy many times. The xrays showed that I didn't have it this time. That's why they were dumbfounded at the problem. Since my DH left for Iraq in December, his family's dislike of me has only become more evident. I'm not going to apologize for telling them that it's wrong to only contact DH when they want some thing or want money. I guess that's their way of paying me back by never helping me out with any thing. As for my family, every one is wrapped up in their own lives and that's great for them. It just sucks for me to be here all alone doing every thing myself and not one damn person ever bothering to ask if I'm doing okay, or if I need any thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Well I would have done that, had some one been able to stay with my other two children until they could catch the bus. But I didn't have that either.
    Anonymous

• I just didn't see me running on a tread mill with a baby, or letting him cry in his car seat while I was trying to do the tests.
    Anonymous