ever wish you had a touch of OCD?

I have a friend and a sister that both have IMACCULANT houses! It is fabulous visiting their houses because they are always show house clean! My house…. Not so much!! After spending a LOT of time at both their houses, it appears that they both have at least a touch of OCD! (like vacuuming the carpet several times a day, even when guests are there) I don’t want to really be OCD, but sometimes I wish I were! It is just so hard for me to keep ahead of the mess at my house!

How can I change my habits to resemble theirs? If you were like me, slightly lazy at times, slightly overwhelmed at times, and totally gung ho at other times… how did you find a way to balance it out and start a workable daily routine?

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 8:05 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• make a plan and follow it according to necessity. do your windows need to be washed every day, no. but do wash them on a regular basis. certain duties do need to be 'followed' daily, rather than allowed to be piled up.when something is used/played with, put it away afterward. make it part of your 'walk through' to tidy up the kitchen, clean off the counters, etc. make a habit of taking the trash out, putting clothes into the wash/out of the dryer, cleaning the toilet, vaccuuming the carpet, etc. really, the more organized your cleaning habits, the better you will feel about your house, and your feeling of being overwhelmed will become void..maybe.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 AM on May. 3, 2010

• flylady.net
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 8:31 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies!

DullScissors... you are right! I am not organized and I feel terrible about it (overwhelmed and embarrassed!)

My3... I just signed up for FlyLady :) I hope I can stick to it though!

washing dishes

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:08 AM on May. 3, 2010

• no i wish i could get rid of it. I an sani/orginize freak. everything must be clean and in its place, even if I am dead tired of sick. it sucks. if I just leave things it drive me nuts even if its just for a day.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:23 AM on May. 3, 2010

• no!

because most of the hoarders you see or meet have OCD of some kind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 3, 2010

• i knew one person that was like this. it was sad really. her kids were not allowed to play with their toys very often. she didn't play with her children very often. sometimes they couldn't even go to the park if she was having a bad day...for her the ocd would be better or worse depending on what was going on in her life. she even fired a babysitter b/c she kept putting the soap in the wrong place!
    a clean house all the time may seem great, but there is a price to pay!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• OCD is not helpful, it is actually counter productive. I am usually running late for everything due to following of rituals and re-checking things.
    hope5029

Answer by hope5029 at 10:41 AM on May. 3, 2010