a question about PPD

I know it is supposed to clear up around the 1 year mark. Can it clear up and then come back later? I had bad PPD when my son was first born, but it cleared up sometimes ago. My son is now 20 months old and I am suddenly scared something will happen to him all the time. I have barely slept in days because of this feeling. I was wondering if it was PPD or something else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know...but it sounds like you still need to go see someone about it. Sounds like anxiety to me.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 8:57 AM on May. 3, 2010

• it doesn't just 'clear up' not like a skin condition.

it can last a long time, with varying symptoms and worries.

talk to your dr if you are really worried.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have suffered from depression and PPD can go on for the next four years. That is what my ob told me. so please go get some help and even if it is not ppd. Do yourself a favor I spent years denying my depression and it was such a waste of time go get it taken care of you will be a better mother for doing so.
    hollieham0

Answer by hollieham0 at 9:16 AM on May. 3, 2010

• It doesnt CLEAR up lol.Its depression.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:43 AM on May. 4, 2010