How do get my first love out of my head?

We were never given the chance to say goodbye, we were seperated by foster care workers.

Icant stop thinking about how much we loved eachother(it was bad) thats why we got seperated.

Cant help myself, and Im married with children :0(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I have the same thing going on in my head...except my first love passed away after we had broken up and kinda moved on but we had become great friends and had this understanding that we still loved each other...every time we got together it was like nothing had changed. I say we broke up because we were so young. But we found our way back to each other then he was taken from me and I almost went crazy. I think about him allllll the time, he is in my dreams all the time and I still keep in touch with his family.But I miss him so much. In my case I just have to say things happened the way God wanted them to(dont know what your beliefs are) but in your case, you could always search for him. I think so what if you are married,you are not being fair to your husband if you think your heart is elswhere.But if you love your dh then just hold on to the memories of your first love and try to enjoy your life with your dh and kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have to disagree with the last poster on just going after the guy. I think most people would tell you they have a place in their heart for their first love. You should sit back and try to sort out why, after all these years the vows and the children, are you this tied up on yours. kwim? Are there things in your current relationship that need fixed? You said you guys were separated by foster care, maybe there is just some longing in you to know the guy turned out ok? Then you need to think about the fact that the two of you were in love years ago. Quite younger, different priorities and places in life. Most of what you are feeling love for now is probably a memory. When it comes to this sort of thing, there is no getting right back to where you are. Good luck. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 3, 2010

• were, where you were. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 3, 2010

• He is alove and well-OP Here. And its crazy we both still feel the same Sad to say but I think I love my fist love more.

Really my mrriage sucks,there is no more love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Ok what I would suggest is to stop fantasizing about your ex, stop trying to get him out of your head, sit down and really think about how it would really be with your ex. What would your life be like now? Would the two of you be getting along, would the same old problems start following you? Face it straight on and you will probably start to see why the two of you arent together in the first place. I did this recently with my first love I couldnt stop thinking about him. But you know what, he is so immature, and hasnt changed one bit from when we were in high school, I am so glad that instead of constantly thinking about how it could have been I thought about how it really would be, and reality is never as good as that fantasy.
    Then start being an amaizing wife to your husband, get dressed nice, be the woman you were when you first met, dont nag, be amaizingly sweet, I bet youll start to see what you have right there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 3, 2010