Did anyone have a really great marriage and then one day hubby turned off the love.

my hubby and I have the same fight, I ask for more attention and love and sex, and he says he will and then he won't and now he tells me he doesn't know what is wrong. That I deserve better than this. I just want to know if I am the only one or are there others who feel like I do. We were sooo happy and then one day it was like a light went off on him, I know he is depressed and I want him to seek help but he says there is "no time" All he ever is concerned about is cleaning the house, and we have two kids one 4yr with severe autism and a typical 17mth old. I stay at home and do most of the work, so I am not sure what is going on here. Any help you guys can give will be great.
Thanks.

hollieham0

Asked by hollieham0 at 8:36 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say this didnt happen overnight...he is probably having trouble dealing with having a child with autism...I know it can be stressful and cause all sorts of emotions...but for him to be so concerned with house cleaning and things it sounds like he feels overwhelmed with life in general and I know the toll that can take on a marriage and sex life and intimacy. He does need some sort of professional giudance, I would tell him if he wants to keep you he needs to get help and put the work in. That is NOT too much to ask...I believe people give up too easily on their marriages these days. Marriages are work and they give you what you give them. Thats why the vows are for "better or worse" and not "for all the good times and none of the bad".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I would like to add, we are both devout Catholics and don't belive in divorce, besides, he is the love of my life, and I know as soon as he gets over whatever is going on with him, we will be great again, I just want to know if there is anyone out there who feel like I do.
    hollieham0

Answer by hollieham0 at 8:58 AM on May. 3, 2010