i think most of you took my breastfeeding vs kissing kids on the mouth question out of context...

the point i was trying to make was that kissing your own child on the lips is about as sexual as breastfeeding...meaning IT ISN'T! of course i know that breastfeeding is natural, beautiful, and is in no way sexual. but there were some women who said they dont kiss their children on the lips because that is reserved for the person they have SEX WITH. i was trying to ask if kissing on the lips is sexual and some women choose not to kiss their children on the lips for that purpose, then how do they feel about breastfeeding, because it was created for the child, but when in the right moment cause sexual pleasure as well? and as for germs i know there are some germophobes out there, but as far as i see it, my kids and myself are pretty clean and as long as everyone is bathing and washing hands and brushing teeth, i dont see a problem with it unless someone is sick! there are probably more germs on the forks at restaurants.

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 9:15 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It makes me sad how some women are so afraid of mothering. What comes naturally as a mother, and loving your child, shouldn't be something horrible.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:05 AM on May. 3, 2010

• well.... all I can think is, you just can't win with some people, no matter how hard you try. No matter what you write, there are going to be Moms that are going to lash out and tell you that you are completely wrong. (which is debatable, but they are so set in their ways that there is no point in debating with them!)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:21 AM on May. 3, 2010

• If you think that kissing children on the mouth is sexual then you're a pedophile. If you think other people will think that you're abusing your child or get some kind of sick sexual pleasure out of kissing your child then you need help, who cares what anyone else thinks. If you think they have germs your nuts and probably never leave your house so we understand your nuttiness when posting. As for me I kiss my little man on the lips all the time, I don't get any kind of sexual pleasure out of that or bf and i did that for over a year. Both of these are how i show my child that i love him. Don't mind the crazy ones that cafemom seems to be crawling with them these days, do what you think is right and that's the best you can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 3, 2010

• thank you ladies i agree with all of you
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:52 AM on May. 3, 2010