is it possible that

Sleeping on my stomach could hurt baby? I'm 17 weeks and last week I felt just a few little flutters here and there and I try not to sleep on my stomach but when I wake up that's where I am and I haven't felt anything in a few days? I'm ultra worried and paranoid...

lesliematozo

Asked by lesliematozo at 9:19 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. Go lay down on your left side and drink something cold or sweet. That should get baby moving.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:27 AM on May. 3, 2010

• take a bath, I could always feel the baby in the bath, and if you are worried go to the doc, you are paying them a lot of money and the will take a look to make sure everything is fine, for me anything that was bad for the baby felt bad,I think it is ok you are not that far along. Check with the doc just to give you peace of mind.
    hollieham0

Answer by hollieham0 at 9:27 AM on May. 3, 2010

• At this stage sleeping on your stomach won't hurt anything,, the bigger you get the harder it is to do, so it kind of works itself out..drink some OJ,,juice always got my kiddo fluttering around, congrats!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:37 AM on May. 3, 2010

• no, it won't hurt your baby. my baby started moving A LOT at 17 weeks. like i felt like he did a flip a few times. but then from like 18-20 weeks i hardly felt anything at all. i think he just changed positions to where i could hardly feel him.

your baby probably was just right there where you could feel him, then he moved to where you can't. i wouldn't worry :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Sleep how ever you can. Any position. You have layers of skin, fat, muscle, membranes, and fluid protecting your baby. Your baby is very very safe.

And sleeping on your back is fine too. You cannot crush your vena cava and cut off the oxygen supply to your baby. If that nonsense were true, you'd go completely numb from the waist down.

If you get worried about movement, remember that some babies are more still than others. You can buy a fetal stethoscope and listen to the heartbeat any time you want.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:57 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I would wake up in the night on my belly until the bump got to big to sleep on it anymore... and my baby came out fine. I think yours will too. BTW, i couldn't even feel the baby until 22 weeks preggo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 3, 2010

• if its uncomfortable...dont'.

I am a tummy sleeper, and even at the end of the pregnancies I found myself on my side/belly....after a while its not even possible.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on May. 3, 2010