What med. do you recommend for a 3 1/2 yr. old with seasonal allergies?

My DS is 3 1/2 and has been suffering the past few days from the outdoor pollen boom. What do you think is the best & worst over the counter med. for this? He especially needs it at night to relieve a very stuffy nose, itchy eyes and sneezing. I have been giving him a bath after he comes in from outside but the poor little guy is still just miserable. I'll be calling the Dr. today but I think Moms with experience probably know the best one. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have severe allergies and see an allergist. He is a certified pediatric allergist and he says to give my little ones children's Zyrtec. He says up to age 6 you can give 1/4 teaspoon. If that doesn't seem strong enough you can start giving 1/2 teaspoon. He said Zyrtec is safe for babies as young as 6 months old, but I would talk to your dr before giving it to a baby that young. My son has taken Zyrtec on occasion since he was 9 months old. I've taken Zyrtec for 5 years now.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Claritin (i know thats not how its spelled) has childrens for kids starting at age 2 yrs. There is chewables and liquid.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:23 AM on May. 3, 2010

• i would try acupuncture, chiropractic, hepa filters...anything else that i could afford first. i would try meds last.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Zyrtec!
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 11:51 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Zyrtec!!!!! Wonderful stuff!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• 12/ tsp Zyrtec
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 12:20 AM on May. 7, 2010