Amish exempt from ObamaCare?

So while most Americans would be required to sign up with insurance companies or government insurance plans, For the Amish--the church would serve as something of an informal insurance plan.
“Here the statute is going to say that people who are conscientiously opposed to paying for health insurance don’t have to do it where the conscientious objection arises from religion,” said Mark Tushnet a Harvard law professor. “And that’s perfectly constitutional.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/16/health-care-mandate-applies-amish/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Most Amish are exempt from paying federal taxes,,so yes they should and probably will be exempt from the Obama plan
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:47 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Muslims will also probably be exempt. Insurance is a form of gambling in Islam and is therefore unacceptable. I've heard there is also a possiblity for several other faiths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Well, yea.. I have no problem with that. Why on earth would they be forced into it anyway.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:36 AM on May. 3, 2010

LOl really? Well I guess I will just throw my Car Insurance, Life Insurance and my Health Insurance out the window...since I'm a Muslim and will be exempt. How did we get duped into buying Car Insurance?! LOL
    realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 11:19 AM on May. 3, 2010

• realPatientMama, becasue car insurance is required by law as well as now health insurance we have to buy it according to most scholars HOWEVER we are only supposed to get the least amount possible. Talk to your Imam about it.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 12:29 PM on May. 3, 2010

• NCMommy2be, I quoted someone and I was being sarcastic. :o)
    realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 2:56 PM on May. 3, 2010