I was in a car accident and told I cant sue...what are your thoughts?

I live in PA. I was at a complete stop on a ramp about to enter onto a highway when someone rear ended me and totaled my car. I went to the Er and my primary doctor. I suffered some obvious minor injuries but need to go for an mri. I have limited coverage and the person who hit me did not have a license although she had insurance. A lawyer told me i can not sue for medical but could possibly sue for damages to my car but overall the case would not be worth it. Should I seek another opinion. The accident was a couple days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Health

• I would seek a 2nd opinion.. Keep all of your medical records, etc. Get an attorney that wants to work for you. Hope it all works out and you're feeling better soon! GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I would get another opinion. I can't see why you wouldn't be covered by the other persons insurance if they were at fault. Maybe it is just that your medical bills are not high enough for the lawyer to make out on a case and therefore not worth his time.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:03 AM on May. 3, 2010

• In America, you can sue for anything. Find a better lawyer. There are lawyers who specialize in personal injury. Do not use the ones on TV. Use a local one.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:03 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Well who got the ticket? I think he might mean she doesn't have any money to get,, so it could be long and drawn out, the insurance company (hers) should pay for your bills,, if not YOUR insurance should cover it as long as you had full coverage,, I would get another OP,,, and for God's sake don't sign anything her inusrance tells you to without having someone look at it!! Hope you feel better!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:14 AM on May. 3, 2010

• kimigogo gave the best advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 3, 2010

• agrees with kimigogo
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 1:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Unless you are seriously injured I wouldn't bother. Why would you sue the driver anyway? I had an accident (my fault) years ago and the lady tried to sure me because her neck hurt, she lost. Get over it and move on, it's not worth the hassle.
    Anonymous

• why is sueing everything everyone thinks of? really ok you want your car replaced UNDERSTANDABLE but sueing just to make a few extra dollars is so WRONG! I don't believe in sueing unless clearly needed. Your just looking to make a few extra $$ for yourself... *****************
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• *****sueing will not make your body feel better, now if you said you could NEVER work again, then go for it but if it is something Temp, why?! really why? wonder why america is broke! and insurance is HIGH!!!*********
    sorry not trying to sound like a bit*h..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• make sure to replace the carseat!!!!!!!!!! if there is one
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 6:39 PM on May. 3, 2010