am i being childish?

my dh and i have decided we want another baby but lately i have been feeling like he has been being selfish. I notice little things. He never seems to remember things that i tell him. Like, that i have a doctor appt. I am always having to remind him of things going on in my life but he never remembers..its always "oh yeah, i forgot" even though i told him 10 times. Then he gets all huffy because he acts like i'm reminding him of something at the last minute and he has better things to do. I think he does this on purpose (acts like he forgets) because he doesnt want to do my things. It almost makes me not want to have another baby because he is being so selfish or is it just me getting cold feet about having another baby...its been 6 yrs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think guys just generally don't pay much attention to stuff like that. Get a big calander and put it somewhere that he is likely to see it everyday, or a dry erase board on the refrigerator to track appointments and maybe he will notice. (maybe not)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:05 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Maybe he has a lot on his mind? Maybe it would be a good idea to resolve any issues before you bring another child into the marriage? I don't know. I hope everything works out for you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:06 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Men and women are different.

Make up a family calendar in a prominent place where he can see it. I use a google calendar for my DH so he gets emails in advance to remind him.

If forgetfulness in the biggest problem in your marriage, you have a good marriage and a good husband. Go on a date and hold hands!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:09 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I know the feeling. Sometimes I wondered if my husband was two different people. I'd remind him about something and it was as though he'd heard it for the first time. I learned that if it was important, that I'd ask him if he heard me. or if he was listening. Write the info on the calendar and suggest that he check the calendar daily. I know that I sometimes forget what he has told me, too, so having it written on the calendar helps.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 AM on May. 3, 2010

• It sounds to me as though you and he are both stressed right now and really need a break. As a couple if you can manage it- get away for a weekend every month- it doesn't have to be far, just someplace that you don't have home and family responsibilities. Or even a date night once a week or every other week. If you don't have a sitter, then strolling around the neighborhood or the mall, something to shake out the cobwebs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:27 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I think you need to tell him just what you told us!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:55 PM on May. 3, 2010