have you ever filed bankruptcy and if so did it help you? in what ways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Years and years ago and it helped a bit back then because we had a mobile home we couldn't pay for or sell but we didn't change our lifestyle so we are back in debt. We can pay our bills and save a little but we really didn't learn how to live on cash only. We still overspend. think most people who file bankruptcy are the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I filed bankruptcy about 6 yers ago now with my now ex-husband. Debt went out of control when he was injued on the job and we had to live off workers comp and my part time job. We gave back his work van, all credit card debt was gone and we evntually walked away from our house after the bankruptcy.

We are divorced now, I'm remarried and our only debt is our house. My husband and I pay for everything with cash or we don't buy it. And we save a good portion each week, wedo also pay extra on the principal of our house to pay it off sooner.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:08 PM on May. 3, 2010