Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my DD's doctor gave her zertec for her allergies on Wednesday well after looking over the list of recalls I seen this one wa on there what should I do? Also I already gave her some out of that will it hurt her?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • "Consumers can contact the company at 1-888-222-6036 and also at Parents and caregivers who are not sure about alternative pediatric health treatment options should talk to their doctor or pharmacist and are reminded to never give drug products to infants and children that are not intended for those age groups as this could result in serious harm."


    Answer by Energ8zr at 10:50 AM on May. 3, 2010

  • You must call the Drs office and speak to a nurse. Ask them if this is on the recalled list. The FDA has decided all name brand childrens medication is not up to standeards. I have my thoughts on why name brands but not generics are listed but thats for another question. There is nothing in these that will really hurt your child especially if you follow the directions your Dr gave you. You really need to ask your Dr about it. They prescribed it and they are responsible for knowing if what they are giving a patient is a recalled or questionable medicine.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:01 AM on May. 3, 2010

  • "McNeil Consumer Healthcare is initiating this voluntary recall because some of these products may not meet required quality standards. This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events."

    "What should I do if I have given this product to my child or infant?

    This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children. If you have any health concerns, we recommend that you contact your child’s healthcare provider. Any adverse reactions may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Program by fax at 1-800-FDA-0178, by mail at MedWatch, FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787, or on the MedWatch website at
    Back to Top

    Answer by Energ8zr at 11:01 AM on May. 3, 2010