What is your ideal number of kids, and why?

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 10:56 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I first got married I only wanted one.. plus my stepson. After being maried and struggling with fertility issues, I decided that I wanted about 3 if I could ever have them. We've looked into adoption and everything and now I think I'm back to just one. lol. Assuming we ever have to chance to have them or adopt.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 3, 2010

• 3. I have 1 5 yr old already...he is my big boy. i would like 2 more to be closer in age...maybe 2 yrs apart. either that or another 4 or 5 yrs in between.

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on May. 3, 2010

• 3, because that's how many we have and I have been finished having babies for 6, almost 7 yrs now...

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:00 AM on May. 3, 2010

• 2 was my ideal.

but I have 3 and couldn't be happier!

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:02 AM on May. 3, 2010

• One because of the economy and schooling it would be better financially to be able to give that child everything instead of cutting them short! dh and I never had much growing up so we dont want are child to go with out!

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 3, 2010

• How ever many it takes to have a baby girl :) Before I had my boys, I would have probably said 2 or 3. Now that I have my twin boys and I REALLY want a baby girl I would be willing to have up to 4. Hubby is pretty much set on "3 or how ever many come out this time" (his words).

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2010

• 5 because that's how many we have! (and have had surgeries to guarentee no more!)

Sometimes I would like another baby or two down the road, sometimes I could do with one or two less. But usually I think our family is perfect the way it is.

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:23 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Well, we have 2 boys ages 1 and 3. They are 20 months apart. And I am pregnant with #3 these will be 24 months apart. I like to think that I will be blessed with 5 kids but, we shall see. If this 3rd one is a girl I might go a few years between the next one. God will never ever do anything premanent to my fertility. Its too scary for me. I also believe my kids should not have everything they want but, be provided with everything they need and learn they they should work very hard for everything that they want. Then they will learn the value of hard work and how to take care of themselves when they are adults.

Answer by Jade812 at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I would say 2... I have an 11 month old son and would like to have another (hopefully a girl lol) when he is going in to kindergarteen, so about 4 more yrs

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2010

• One is enough, but I took in my two nieces, now I have three.

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:56 AM on May. 3, 2010