Will you be paying for your childs College?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• we'll help , but won't pay all.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:01 AM on May. 3, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!!! All 3 of them. I want them to work part time for extra money, but we will pay for the education part of it...Unless of course there are scholarships involved, but I'm thinking even if there are they won't pay for all of it, so then we will.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 AM on May. 3, 2010

• No I will not! I had to pay for mine with grants/loans/scholarships. We will start applying for grants and loans as soon as possible and then they can pay them back when they graduate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I don't think my child will ever go to college because of her special needs, but I hope she can at least go to tech school and get some kind of training. I will help her anyway I can.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:05 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Nope. We can't afford it and they've known since birth that if they want to go, they need to pay for it themselves.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Absolutely!!If for some reason we are stuck for money when that time comes-we will take out loans for them. If you can you should.. My parents couldn't pay a dime for mine and I really struggled. Big time. My husbands parents payed for his and he became very succesful without dealing with all the stresses. Young people have enough stress to deal with. Trust me, they will thank you later!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 11:07 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I have 2 kids in college. My son is going to a community college to get his basics and the University of Houston to get the degreed classes. The College recommended this becaause it is less expensive. We pay for the classes at the community college. They have averaged $400-$600 a semester. My son is using stafford loans to go to the University. Thats about $3500-$4000 and he lives at home. We are not eligible for any grants etc. We hope to be able to pay at least one of those off this fall. My son will be responsible for the rest.
    My daughter is taking basics and trying to get into a x-ray tecnology program at the community college and is using bonds he grandparents had been giving her. When those are gone she will have to use loans also.
    No help from the government for us.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:08 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I hope so! But what I hope and what actuallly will happen are different things (thats 17 years from now so I cant say where we will be financially by then). I will MAKE SURE however that he applies and is qualified for scholarships.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:09 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I paid for all three of mine, and would do it again, best money I ever spent!

Answer by older at 11:10 AM on May. 3, 2010

• BTW-student loans are crap. Why put a kid into HUGE financial debt. they may not be able to pay back? It messes up their credit. It puts a huge stressful hole in their future. If you start saving for them now-just a little. You might have enough to at least pay somet! The world is expensive and stressful even for the educated-why make it stressful for your kids? I want the best for mine. They are the most precious things in the world!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2010