What are some reasons a car might stop working?

I have a used 99 Infinity and its always given me problems. But have gotten most of the problems fixed throughout the time Ive had it. But when I went to go turn it on last night it wouldnt start. I got a brand new battery a month ago so I dont think its the battery. (I tried jumping it and it wouldnt even turn over) What else do you think it could be? Do you think it would be best to just drop the car and get a better one instead of putting in money in a lemon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• Maybe you need a new starter.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:08 AM on May. 3, 2010

• It could be the starter or it could be the alternator. If you needed a new battery just a month ago then it is possible that the alternator was the real problem.

I think it might be worth it to get something a little newer (still used) because Moms need reliable cars.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Could be bad alternator. You can look up trouble shooting on the internet. I do it all the time with whatever is broke. Maybe google "troubleshooting a car that wont start." It will probably ask you if there is a clicking noise, no noise, or a humming noise......(I dont know! lol)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• could be the starter, i hear that alot. somethings not clicking when you turn the key.
    could be the alternator, ive experienced that issue. 150 to trade it in for a refurbished one. the old one was covered in oil. i tend to spill when filling up the oil tank.

or how about this...my car died the other day right before i was going to get off the freeway. towed it home. my dad looks around. one of the fuses was loose. omg can you believe that? waste a tow because of a loose fuse. thank god i had AAA tho, didnt cost me anything. if the fuse is removed the car wont turn over at all. the panel was actually under the back seat.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It could be a new starter is needed. It could be that that you have a cable loose or need a cable replaced. It could be a million things.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:24 PM on May. 19, 2010