beach trip next month........

my dd and i are going on a beach trip next month for a week with my side of the family...hubby has to stay behind bc of work...bummer,...but, i'm trying to figure out how to keep my dd entertained so it's not a screaming fit the entire 8-9 hour car ride...we're riding with my dad and step mom so she'll have more people to entertain her lol, and i invested in a portable dvd player so she can watch favorite movies..and of course i'll have snacks and a toy bag....is there anything you ladies can think of that i'm forgeting or something you can add in that i haven't thought of?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 11:07 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get a few new toys that light up and make music. Make sure they are small and portable. Then introduce them after she grows bored with her usual toys.

I have taken 3 little ones on a few road trips, and they did very well. Mine are sleepers, for the most part. :)

How old is she?
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I always buy a new toy. My son loves Matchbox Cars and when they are only $1 I buy at least 2. Lots of snacks and music are good idea's too. When we go down to see my family in TN it takes 3-4 hours depending on trafic and because he refuses to sleep we make a pit stop about halfway through. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 4, 2010