Why do you think the ungrateful immigrants should be SENT HOME?

My thoughts:

I was just talking about heritage last night with my DD. When my great-great-great-great Grandfather came from Germany, he changed his name when he came through Ellis Island so he would blend more with "Americans". He and most of the other immigrants wanted to be American so badly that they would try to lose their accents and learn the "American Ways". They would have done anything they could to show their allegiance to THIS country! Today's Immigrants are COMPLETLY different (for the most part) They do not want to plead allegiance to this country. They want US to learn THIER language so they don't have to learn English. They demand that schools teach classes in THIER language. And they demand ALL the same rights as those who DO pledge their allegiance to America! I think those immigrants that refuse to lay down their old flags and pick up the American flag should be the first to be shipped off!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You are absolutely right. There is a sector of illegals who don't care but just want our benefits. They feel the more illegals from their country the better and some even hope to "take over" the majority.
    Mirit, you are all screwed up. There are not plenty of jobs around and the wish that we take in the poor and less fortunate does not mean NO borders. We have rules and laws and they need to be followed. I don't care why they are coming here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:36 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Heck yes! I'm sick of immigrants and their attempt to take over our country. If they love their old country so much why did they leave? I'm sure they can go back anytime. It's just sad America is destroying itself from the inside out because we don't have a backbone and can't say no you can't stay here you ungrateful little brat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I was an immigrant once many moons ago, I came here very young but knew the language already, became a citizen and proud to be a naturalized Cuban American, But I will never let my old flag down that is my heritage and I am very proud of it. I say ship back those who are into criminal activities and make it easier for those who are here for a better life, to become legal.

Answer by older at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2010

• "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

Interestingly enough I'm not seeing gratitude mentioned there. And from what I understand, we have no official language so they're free (imagine!) to use whatever language they like provided we can accommodate them. Don't assume every immigrant, legal or not, is ungrateful.
    Anonymous

• Ok well I think there are to many illegal immigrants here and they need to go home. There are so many jobs that americans cant get ahold of due to immigrants. There are to many here and they need to go home. Most of them are here illegal and most of them are criminals they are the minority in this country. They commit crimes why do we need that? We don't.
    Ship them all home!! I am all for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2010

• anon 11:14, I agree with you!

Answer by older at 11:16 AM on May. 3, 2010

• "Don't assume every immigrant, legal or not, is ungrateful."

I never said "EVERY", but what ever you want to read into my opinion is your personal problem.

It is pathetic when the "protesters" of the new Arizona Laws are the ones that are standing there, waving another country's flag, and yelling in a foreign language".  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

Interestingly enough I'm not seeing gratitude mentioned there. And from what I understand, we have no official language so they're free (imagine!) to use whatever language they like provided we can accommodate them. Don't assume every immigrant, legal or not, is ungrateful

you ladies are being catty bitches put yourself in their shoes
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:20 AM on May. 3, 2010

• I agree 100%. There is NO way that we can take all the World's poor. It just is NOT possible! WHY should we DESTROY America as we know it by laying down the borders and letting every one come in??

CHECK THIS OUT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

If you watch the video, you will se that even if we took MILLIONS of people out of poverty every year we would NOT even make a tiny dent in the population that want to live here. We ALREADY can't support the people that are here. If we built a BRAND NEW SCHOOL every day... we still couldn't keep up with all those people!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 3, 2010

• and to add to it most people anywhere hate america but love or are accustomed to the lifestyle. try travelling to a third world country then u will hopefuly understandwhy peope come here but dont necessarilywat to beieve injesus
    ura cattybitch who deservesto be deplyed herself
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:23 AM on May. 3, 2010