Is my child the only one

Ok so I have been trying different methods so that my child doesnt need to constantly be held. Ok so she is 7 months old and I was trying the cry it out method, is my child the only one that it doesnt work on? She will cry for hours and hours, I check on her like it says but she just cries and cries. Am i doing it wrong?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 11:26 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope ry a pack n play so she can ove around with you or a bouncer in the doorway sheneeds the securty and atachment at thatt age
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Why don't you put her where you can see her and interact with her? I am not a big let them cry it out person! I guess from your question, perhaps you mean when she is trying to go to sleep! Hours and hours of crying is not good for you or HER! I would try small increments, but in my OP when they cry like that, they need their momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Poor baby...SHE just wants you! its not forever.UGH...
    2 hours of crying at 7months is mean and selfish.What are you tryng to teach! that you will just put her down every time you dont want to deal with her?

Start out small.10-15 min only.each day at the same time(like nap time) 2 hours is extreme.
    :( why have a child if your gonna not want to hold her?baby proof the house so she can crawl around if you need to make dinner SO SHE CAN SEE YOU.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:38 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Google "high needs baby" and go and buy a good carrier... like a beco, ergo or mei tai.

She'll get over this in her own time... I have a very independent 4 y/o to prove it.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:42 AM on May. 3, 2010

• WHAT! The poor thing!!! She is YOUR BABY! Pick her up, Love her!!!! This is what you have to do when you are a MOM! Interact with her. Go for a walk! Take her outside. She may also be hungry or uncomfortable (diaper rash). Yea it may be a chore but this is how it is. Once she starts walking it will be a whole new ballgame. You have to do what you have to do. Your life is no longer your own. She is #1 now. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Thank you anon 11:55--I keep coming back to this question,,, I am imagining a kiddo screaming with no one to pick her up!!!!!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:23 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You have to modify things like Cry It Out so that they work for your situation. Some kids will cry for five minutes and go to sleep, some will cry and cry and cry. For my DD, if I let her just cry she would get herself so worked up that she couldn't calm down even if I came to try and soothe her so I learned quickly that wasn't going to work. You have to learn about these different techniques and then change them to the right fit for you and your baby. I don't know if you're trying to have baby cry it out when going to sleep or just during the day when you need a minute to get something done, so it's hard to give you more information without just rambling on and on here (like I normally do- lol!) but feel free to send me a message if you want to talk more.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:24 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My son was super high needs, no one in the house got any sleep until we did CIO at 9 months. We tried around 7 months but he was just to young. At 9 months he cried for 2 1/2 hours the first night, 1 1/2 hours the 2nd, and it went down every night for about a week. Since then he goes to sleep at 7:30pm no fuss and sleeps until 6 am, along with 3 hours of naps during the day. CIO changed him for the better since he's happier and not totally exhausted like before.
    Starfishsea

Answer by Starfishsea at 7:28 PM on May. 4, 2010