I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year. My periods are always on time but I always start spotting about a week before it starts. Could this be affecting my chances of getting pregnant? Does anybody have any advice that could help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• what is your diet like? your exercise routines? your work life? is your emotional stress all in check, are you living a balanced life? anything besides ttc got you feeling overwhelmed or worried? do you go to a chiropractor?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:21 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Have you tried charting? go to www.fertilityfriend.com It will help you chart and teach you about your fertitlity.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:39 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I eat really well and have started exercising. I am in college right now but I am graduating in a few weeks. I think that trying to get pregnant is stress me out a little because everybody around me is getting pregnant. I am 28 years old and married and I see 18-20 year olds in college getting pregnant and they don't even want to have a baby. So I get very discouraged and wonder why it is taking me so long.
    Anonymous

• you are still young and you do have plenty of time. i was almost 30 when i met my dh, and in just over 10 years we have dated for 3, lived in ireland, and london, started our own business and are due soon with our 5th child. have you been on the pill? sometimes i wonder with young girls going on the pill to help with cramps or bleeding, then staying on for 10, 15 and 20 years...if the body somehow forgets how it is supposed to work? i truly wish for you the best of luck, and i do know a few people that have taken remedies from homeopaths, and have gotten pregnant :)
    i get adjusted once a week and have no fertility issues. maybe it could be like looking for love, when you quit looking it happens?
    try to not let it get you down, try not to pay attention to those really young ones around you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:55 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It sounds like you may have low progesterone levels. I lost count of how many people told me that it would happen when I stopped trying so hard. (Um, does not trying so hard unblock blocked fallopian tubes? Does it make my husband produce more and better sperm? Does it make my endometriosis disappear?) Have you been through a fertility workup? If not, you could contact the Pope Paul VI Institute (Google them) to see if they have a doctor in your area that has been trained in NaPro technology. I am one of Dr. Hilgers' few failures, but probably just because we ran out of money. We ended up adopting two beautiful children, so I think it just wasn't God's plan for me to get pregnant. I hope it happens for you. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2010