36 weeks n 3days doc app today-help

im stuck at 3 and a half cm and 80% dilated do you think my doc could possibly break my water? ive been having constant contractions with no change :( every 2-3 min apart. do you think they'd augment at 37 weeks? i had a really hard complicated pregnancy due to preterm labpr hospilizations medications and home uterine monitoring. im just so done. i know alot of you will say she will come when shes ready but she is ready lol its just my body stalling. im getting super frusterated. help anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just my OP here,, let it come on its own,,,DR, broke water with DS,, and IDK but it seemed a much harder labor,, try to hang in there,, no one is born at age 5, LOL--and I am sure that is how long you have felt you have been prego!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:36 AM on May. 3, 2010

• i seriously doubt/hope that they would induce you in any way at 37 weeks.

i know you are expecting it, and don't want to hear it, but you can't say you are "so done". being pregnant carries a lot of responsibility and you have to do what is best for baby.

"Here’s why your baby needs 39 weeks:

* Important organs, like his brain, lungs and liver, get all the time they need to develop.
    * He is less likely to have vision and hearing problems after birth.
    * He has time to gain more weight in the womb. Babies born at a healthy weight have an easier time staying warm than babies born too small.
    * He can suck and swallow and stay awake long enough to eat after he’s born. Babies born early sometimes can’t do these things. "
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2010

• What you are experiencing is called prodromal labor. It does suck and it's exhausting, and I'm so sorry! Here's the thing though, if the baby WERE ready, she would be born. Prodromal labor gets your uterus ready to do the hard work of labor, and it positions the baby better. She may be posterior or in a position that just isn't quite perfect for your body, so your body is trying to move her around enough to accomodate her. 36 and 37 weekers just don't fare as well, nurse as well, breathe as well as 40 weekers, especially not when they are induced.

You can do a few things to help things along, though. Be upright as much as possible. Don't sit in a reclining position, sit tailor-style on the floor or on a birth ball. Squat. Walk. Have lots of good sex (orgasms cause conractions and semen has a hormone in it that helps ripen the cervix). Relax, eat, rest, and know that your body and your baby are perfectly designed for this.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh, and remember... your baby will never be easier to care for than she is right now! You won't be getting any more sleep or be any more comfortable for a long time after the baby is born, so enjoy this time while you have it. Believe it or not, you will miss having her in there when she's out!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:43 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Why would you think your doc would induce? 3.5cm is no reason to induce (I was 5cm at 37 weeks) and if you are "stuck" there then the contractions that you are having arent strong enough to do anything. I don't see any reason why your doctor would induce. Yeah, he/she might strip your membranes but thats about it.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:45 AM on May. 3, 2010

• yea this is my 2nd baby and she has had her steriods and docs have done extensive ultrasounds and have indeed discovered she is matured. my son was induced at 38 weeks because of preeclampsia and weighed only 5 pounds 8 ounces. but he was perfect no problems at all. inducing isnt anything bad. plus my blood pressure has started to rise and there has been protein in my urine. they r thinking preeclampsia again. im hoping not but if thats whats going to happen than i will survive. and my contractions are indeed strong but they arent dilating me, i've been in triage like every 3 days because im in so much pain. i didnt have and epi with my son, so i know labor pains. im just frusterated. been through so much this time and going thro a divorce isnt easy for being pregnant and im sure the stress isnt good for her neither..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 3, 2010

• i can see why you are frustrated. if you really do have preeclampsia, then there would be no question, otherwise it would be best to stay pregnant for a few more weeks. there is no way to tell by u/s that baby is indeed ready. "inducing is anything bad" isn't exactly accurate. even your dr will tell you that induction involves many risks. and before your due date, the risks for baby are even higher. jmho.
    Anonymous

• ooooh maybe you could ask another question for tips on how to cope w/ prodromal labor. gl
    Anonymous

• I knew a girl that with her second child she was induced at 37 weeks because she was in labor. Ended in C section. I wouldn't advise an induction at 37 weeks...
    Anonymous

• At Ati 13: WHY weren't you there telling me that with my first pregnancy! Omg.. it went a week and a half over term! I was in such a terrible mood and just wanted her out.. and when she came out.. I was so sleep deprived for a million years! OMG... That's the best advice for a pregnant woman in her last stretch that I've ever heard!
    Anonymous