what does this mean?? Just cuz its not how you want ...

my husband has been saying this a lot lately.. if i say he never kisses me or gives me affection.. he says he does, by touching my leg. and then says just cuz its not how you want. he also says that about almost everything from watching the kids to sex, could it be he just doesnt care how i feel. because he never tries to change it or at least listen to my needs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe it means that he is constantly showing you how much he loves you and you choose not to see it? He is affectionate in his own way, stop being so hard on him, and let him show you he loves you the way he wants to. My husband is not affectionate, but he will clean the snow off of my car, he will work 75 hour weeks so that we can survive and I can stay home, he will fix things around the house I mention need fixing, thats the way my husband shows me he loves me. Maybe yours is more vocal and less affectionate, maybe he buys you things, you need to find how he shows his love and look for that. Stop giving him a hard time, Im sure you make him feel like he can never do anything right by always telling him he is not doing it the right way. Just accept him as he is, and he will try to please you more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Maybe you should try changing how you communicate it to him. Instead of telling he 'never' does (fill in the blank), why not snuggle up to him and purr in his ear about how you love it when he does (fill in the blank). And just like with kids, when you catch your husband doing something you like, tell him....or thank him....'that was so great that you got their pjs on, big help, thank you' smooch. I'm sure he wants to please you, but I'm thinking he's sick of hearing that he doesn't do anything right. You catch more bees with honey kinda thing....Good luck.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:43 AM on May. 3, 2010

• He must have heard another guy say it at work. Guys really have no mind of thier own. I think that a lot of guys feel like they are not getting enough attention once kids are born. Make a date night to spend some alone time together if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 3, 2010