My dog has to have a doggie abortion!! :(

I have a 7 month old mini dachshund. I've been planning to get her spayed but things have been extremely hectic and I haven't had time. Well, we also have a 3 year old male pekingese. Not neutered. He's been living at my moms due to some behavior issues, but came to our house this last weekend. (My SS misses him). Well, we were out most of the day and when I came home, she had started her cycle and was walking extremely weird. I called the vet and she said more than likely she did get pregnant and I will have to bring her in. I know she wouldn't survive having puppies because he's twice her size, but it still breaks my heart. I feel so bad for not taking care of this sooner. But my Q was.. Can they spay her at the same time they take care of the puppies or how does that work? Please no bashing. I feel bad enough as it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Pets

• yes,they can take the whole mess out at once
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Sorry to hear about your doggie. Yes they will do it all at once. Best Wishes to you. Hope she does well with everything!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Yes, they will take care of it all at one time. Don't feel bad... You're doing the responsible thing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• If you spay here ASAP it would be pretty much just a spay this early if she was pregnant. I work at a vet clinic and you would be surprised how many dogs and cats we spay that are early pregnancy and no one even knew they were pregnant. YOu could get her spayed and not even ask if she was pregnant if that would make you feel better this early they might not even charge you extra for it. GL and HURRY get her spayed!
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:23 PM on May. 3, 2010

• yes. that happened to my parents with a cat they found. She got pregnant before they got her to the vet (might even have been before they found her). So the vet did a spay. I think it cost more though.

But why wasn't your male fixed? have you been busy for 3 years? Not bashing, just wondering. Maybe it would help with his behavior issues too.
    Anonymous

• Anon 3:12.. My male isn't fixed because he's registered AKC and my sister in law raises pekingeses so she uses him as a Stud sometimes. His behavorior issues are just that he hates my stepkids and because I can't make them constantly sit still and not make any noise, he wants to bite them. It works out beause about once every 6 months, I get 500 dollars which goes into our adoption account. (We're adopting but not until we have like 16,000 up front. No loans!)
    Anonymous

• Yes, they will spay her. On a side note....I'd get rid of the male if he isn't good with your kids and you need to keep him intact. Or neuter him, like a previous poster said...it may help with his behavior issues. You could sell him to your sister-in-law if you really need the money and she really needs the stud.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 8:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

• they can do csections on dogs...
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 6:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• They also say dogs will not carry bigger than what they can handle... but you are doing the right thing and not bringing more unwanted dogs in this world!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:49 PM on May. 5, 2010