what would you do if your hubby...

Ok just a little backround...my husband and I have been married three years this month, we have a pretty healthy relationship we've had a few problems in the past but over the past year and half our relationship has been great. We fight on occasion but what couple doesn't? Well yesterday he asked me to call his phone because he couldn't find it and when the ringer went off to my phone calling, it was the sound of a dog barking. I am so hurt, to me that is degrading and mean. I can't believe he would do something like that to me, it really hurt my feelings. At first he tried laughing it off and saying it was just a joke but when he realized how hurt I was he started apologizing and saying how bad he felt. I didn't accept his apology and still today I am so hurt about it. I know he'll comehome for lunch in a little bit and I don't even want to look at him. What would you ladies do if your husband did that to you? Am i overreacti

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• No, you're not overreacting. Eventually you'll feel better but he needs to realize how awful that was. He should have known better. I would do the same thing.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:59 AM on May. 3, 2010

• i would laugh. i think you are over reacting. I just think he is saying you nag at him. My mom has her ring tone for me as Stewie from the family guy saying "mumma, mumma, mumma" so really she is saying i call her a lot buggin her but i dont care.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:01 PM on May. 3, 2010

• aww i am so sorry. that is very hurtful. PP is right. you will feel better soon but you need to tell him how you feel! OUCH.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:03 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Maybe you should change your ring tone to something he would not like and give him a dose of his own medicine. Maybe then he will see that his 'joke' was not very funny, and he hurt your feelings.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Shay...I would've probably laughed to if it was something where he was like hey check out your new ring tone....then I would've laughed cause I knew he'd be joking. But he said he's had it that way for months and can you imagine how embarrassed you'd be if he was with all his friends or family and dogs start barking, then he's like oh it's just my wife....That's embarrassing and hurtful.
    Anonymous

• I'd feel the same way. I'm sorry :(
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 12:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I'd laugh it off myself but that's just me. He gave an apology. Not much more he can do if you don't accept it. Lighten up

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Whats done is done. I would be bent out of shape too...that is something you save for an ex girlfriend..my DH had the bells from the movie psycho as his ex's ringer. But even if he didn't think it was hurtful, it was in poor taste. He said he was sorry...you just need to be mad for awhile and then let it go...what else can you do?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i'm so sorry....u have every right to be hurt and y are definately NOT over reacting.......i think sometimes men don't realize how hurt us ladies can get with something that they think is harmless.....if he is genuinely sorry then u should forgive him...i know it won't be easy but i'm sure he'll find a way to gain forgiveness if he really loves u and is truly sorry. u never know it might be a joke that all his friends are a part of...maybe they have that ringtone set for their partners too....might be a 'guy thing" between them.....sit down and talk to him about how he has hurt u
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think he was just trying to be funny. I have the best husband in the worth (in my opinion lol ) and I called his phone and heard: ALERT, ITS THE WIFE! ITS THE WIFE! YOUR WIFE IS CALLING! in a nagging tone..I laughed it off because he only did it to be funny and he later changed it, no big deal.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:21 PM on May. 3, 2010