4 month old baby wont let me do anything... seriously.. help!

So I have 2 girls ages 22 mos and 4 mos. My eldest is a little helper and very independent since she was a baby and very low maintainence that my husband and I thought about having another baby so we did, boy was I nieved lol she is very high maintence. She refuses the bottle, sippy cups, formula. She cant be away from me at all and if I can get away no one wants to to babysit her cuz shes a handful, she wants to be carried, rocked, strolled etc. and she cries when she does not get her way, what can i do to get her to be a good baby? lol or do i just have to take a deep breath and deal with her? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take a deep breath...it will probably seem like a long couple of months for the next few months but hopefully by the time she starts becoming mobile she will grow out of all that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Congrats..you now have a normal baby. LOL...you first one was just really good. Your second is pretty typical for a 4 month old. They love and want Momma. It will pass, just love her all you can and try to enjoy that she loves you soo much...I bet things will change soon and your girls will switch roles. The younger won;t want you and the older will suddenly cling.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• my daughter is the same way. the same exact way its uncanning and she is 6 months old. i just try to deal with it no matter how hard it is. i put her down a little bit at a time and i actually was able to leave her at my parents house for an hour and a half yesterday. it was great to get away for a bit but as soon as i walked in the door and she saw me she screamed and cried for me. and as soon as i picked her up she stopped. we just have babies that love there mommies a little more extra.i also noticed that when i put my dd down and she screams her head off its not always because she wants to be held its because she doesnt like being on the floor with her brother because he screams at her, hits kicks pushes her over and all that stuff.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Get a sling and get used to it. She's a normal baby. The time passes quickly... enjoy her while you can.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• get a swing!!!!!!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• That's what i forgot to say...Look up Moby Wraps. She might love that and you can get stuff done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i have a sling and use it a lot, the thing that sucks though is it takes a tole on your back. but yes i get things done when i have her in the sling. and i tried a swing and she liked it at first but then hated it cause that was the only thing i could put her in the get things done till i used the sling or moby wraps whatever they are called.lol good luck
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i was also going to suggest some kind of carrier. :) good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• try a baby Sling or the front to back carryier thats which one i use, my daughter loves it bc she can see everything and be with me all the time. my daughter accully likes her carseat so i also use that around the house just keep moven them where u are
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 2:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Unless she's taken to robbing banks, she IS a good baby!

She's normal...they are programmed to be in arms all the time, as protection from saber tooth tigers and other predators. Infants are far closer to Cave Baby than to Modern Man....no on'es updated the instinct software to let them know that saber tooths are extinct!

You need a sling. Its mandatory equipment when you have more than one child. It will REALLY help.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:52 PM on May. 3, 2010