Do you ever feel like your SO-hubby has a negative view of you??

Mine seems to even though I work so hard to be a good wife, mother and earner...it's very depressing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• only when I am down on myself.
    Anonymous

• My husband thinks I am a trouble maker.. That I like to start drama!! ONLY because I don't let ppl walk all over me. I stand up for things I believe in. For instance, this woman posted on my facebook how happy she was and was telling me about her lover (she's gay) and this man freaked out and on my facebook page told her she was going to hell, and instead of letting it go, I went off on him on how wrong that was, especially on my page. And now i'm a drama lover. LOL. And that hurts my feelings. He was raised to keep his mouth shut no matter what, and I was raised to stand up for what I believe in. So I'm loud and all to him. It hurts my feelings.. but he'll either learn to live with it or leave me.
    Anonymous

• My hubby says that I am stuck on my looks so other women get intimated. I look at least 10 years younger so I will end up competiting with 30 something moms over looks, clothes, personalities, everything. He can not stand that . So he will put me down and say I don't need to buy an outfit for my son's confirmation party. My mom got so annoyed that she gave me $150 and told me to go out and buy myself an outfit. How the heck can a hubby be so negative over his wife's looks?????
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter to me what he thinks. It's about what I think of me and I like me. I do my best. I try to be fair. I try to keep a positive outlook. If he can't appreciate that then that is his problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My ex did. And it DOES matter what he thinks of you. A lot of men try to belittle women & work hard at making them feel less of what they truely are so they can manipulate. You can think WONDERS of yourself, but after years of living/loving a man that does not think that way, can really alter your own point of view of yourself.

My ex had expectations i guess. He had all these little things in his head of what our marriage would be like & what we as a couple should be like. Well, it didn't take very long for him to realize that i am my own person & not what HE WANTS ME TO BE. Well, he is my ex now. I could not take being under appreciated & made felt less of how awesome i really am. Luckily, i found a man who would never change a THING about me. He wants all of me including my faults. This, is true love, When you can love all of someone including their faults...because their faults are still part of who they really are.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:16 PM on May. 3, 2010