Im I tripping or not????

Me and my girls father or not together and he has a girlfriend that he has been with for 3years and she started have my girls call her mom not stepmom just mom and I HATE IT i would like them to call her by her name my oldest daughter won't call her mom but my 6year old will I ask her father to stop it and have them call her by Her NAME but he wont what should i do ( O their are not Married )its just his girlfriend

Ms.Ro3

Asked by Ms.Ro3 at 12:16 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• even if it was his wife they shouldn't be calling her mom. That is very disrespectful to you. I am remarried and would never have my kids call him dad. You should say something it's not ok. Hopefully they will listen
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 12:27 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i think that is totally wrong for the girls to call her mom in any shape or form.. that is my personal opinion. i also think its wrong if they are forcing it on the girls to call her mom. and so what if they have been dating for 3 years they are not married.. but hey thats just one persons opinion
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I would explain to your little one that you only have one mommy...and you are it. She can come up with any other name that she is comfortable with other than mom. I think it is totally disrespectful and just shows this womans insecurity and immaturity. I have been in my SD life since she was 6..she is now 14. I told her and her mom from the get go, I am not trying to collect children or trying to replace someones mom...not that I ever could anyway!

In the end, she will know who mom is...maybe you should just let this one go for awhile. Whatever you do, don't make you DD feel bad, she is only 6 and being manipulated shamelessly by an adult...sick really!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It is wrong that she is making them call her mom. For one it is beyond disrespectful to you and two the kids do not want to call her mom. It is very rude of them to make them do it. They should be calling her by her name. There is only one reason I can think of that I think is okay if a child calls somebody who is not their "mom" or "dad" mom or dad. That would be if it is a stepparent and the bio mom or dad is not in the picture at all and the child is the one that started doing it.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• He)) no I wouldn't allow them to call anyone mom but me. I'd have a talk with the gf myself and set her behind straight on the matter

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It is very disrespectful to you that she asked them to call her mom, since you are still in the picture. As much as it sucks, you can't do anything about what they say at their dad's house. If their dad won't do anything about it, do you really think the girlfriend will? Nope- she's the one who started it! You're just going to end up looking really jealous if you say anything to her. My best advice for you is to not to let them know that it bothers you. That's probably half the reason why they're doing it anyway. People are so vindictive anymore, ya know? So don't let them win!!
    In the meantime, you CAN make a rule that at YOUR house that they don't refer to her as mom.
    I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear, sorry :(
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:13 AM on May. 4, 2010