do you think people know going into a marriage if they will be able to be faithful or not?

also, if you have cheated did you know that you would.? Like you would not succeed in your marriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you should reword your question not really sure what your asking
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:21 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I couldn't imagine someone sying their vows with the intent of ruining their marriage, but I'm sure its possible, especially for someone who doesn't want tloose a person but doesn't want to stay faithful either. I think the majority of people do not intend to cheat and its not planned at the beginning, but it is always a choice! I think that what usually happens is the person allows themselves to get into a position that makes it tempting to cheat, it may be innocent, but then it leads to unfaithfulness. That is why I think its sooo important to have some agreement established between a husband and wife. Like not going out alone with the opposite sex etc. anything that will cause temptation.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I went into my marriage believing it would be forever.. never did I think either one of us would cheat.. and as far as I know neither one has ( I know I never have) yet we are going through a divorce. Long story but it has nothing to do with infidelity but everything to do with irreconcilable differences! ( I did not file.. he did)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think some people go into a marriage with the capacity to cheat, and some don't. I could never cheat. I know that much about myself. If there ever came a time where I was so miserable in my marriage that I felt the need to look elsewhere, I would end my marriage first.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:31 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think so people are sure they will be faithful, while others I sure have doubts. I've been married 14 years and I've never come close to cheating, I don't put myself in situations where it would be more likely to happen.

I don't know what I'd do if I did, I don't know if my marriage would survive because you don't know how people will react until after something happens.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I agree with DusterMommy
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I agree with Duster too! everyone goes into marriage thinking this partner is the one they will grow old with!

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I agree with duster and older.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I'm really sorry, Shane.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:11 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Unless you have an mental or emotional illness, I don't think cheating is about "abilities."

Every healthy person is perfectly "able" to stay faithful. It's just that not every healthy person actively makes the choice to avoid even small temptations.
    Anonymous