I can't stand my husband

He has done so many little things over the years. Just small lies about money, pot, drinking etc. He used to go out drinking with friends and not come home all night. He has been good for the last couple years but I am still holding grudges. Every time he does something little I get angry again and remember all the old crud he did. I feel like I don't want somebody else to have him or I don't want our kids to not have both parents full time but I don't know if I can keep living hating him all the time. Counseling is expensive and I'm clueless what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I htink you should think about if you are being fair to him. Would you want him to treat you the same way? Angry about everything in the past over soemthing small he does now? Can you start to meditate on the positive things he does and try to focus on those things. It is easy to remember the hurt times but if he really is doing good now then you can start to put the positive things in your head. When soemthing goes wrong we tend to think about it 100 times..when guys do something sweet we think about it maybe twice and move on. Try dwelling on the positive and treat him how you want to be treated. If you feel you have grown apart you can sit down and tell him what you would like and see if you cna set up a date night to reconnect and have fun together. It will take time but you can rebuild it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:29 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I can relate to this. I am really thinking about leaving..... I think that we need to do some soul searching. I think that we need to express how we feel to them and see what they say, mine was a dick, soooooo what can I do??? I think that with a lot of thought, we'll be able to do what we need to do to be happy.
    Anonymous

• Try to remember why you married him? That's the best I can do. If you aren't happy maybe it's time to move on. If you're not happy eventually your kids are going to feel it and then they won't be happy....GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• So basically you are giving power over your life (and your happiness) to things that happened in the past that you can't do anything about or change? It's up to you to provide your own happiness so you have to learn to let the past go. Live in the Now. Plan for the future. You can't have a happy future unless you cut the past loose. You deserve to be happy and you are keeping yourself from experiencing it. It's not him. It's up to you to decide what you want out of life. It's all good if you let it be.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on May. 3, 2010