What would happen if I file for child support but my ex has a job under the table?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• i don't know but if anyone knows id like to know. My ex is doing the same thing to me. He is trying to say he is out of work but i know for a fact he is working for his brother under the table. The child support office sent me a letter saying they were going to take from his paycheck but he has no paycheck! I don't know what to do!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:39 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Child support won't do anything because he doesn't have a check to garnish! Getting paid under the table, there is no way to prove his income! I know, because that's what happened to me and I'm owed over $40,000 to date !

I've requested that his driver's license be flagged during renewal and his income tax checks garnished, but my letters arent' even answered by child support authorities.

And NO PA of any kind for me because I make $100 too much ! But there are a lot of people I know that don't work or even attempt to find a job that get free medical, food stamps etc. while me and my family struggle to pay the bills while I work my butt off!
    Anonymous

• Just curious....HOW does one have a job "under the table" and why would a person want to be that dishonest and do illegql things? What a sneaky way to live.
    Anonymous

• my ex works for his brother and has since he was 18. He has never filed taxes and his brother does not claim him as an employee during tax time even though he gives him a pay check...i don't know how he gets away with it. His brother should be the one to get in trouble!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Anon:34 - They work for someone who will pay them cash without reporting it. The person paying does not report that they have that employee, and the employee doesn't report that they have a job. They pay no income tax on it, nothing. It's very sneaky, it's hiding money, it's immoral. People to it so that they don't have to pay child support, taxes, etc.
    Anonymous