What can I do without offending my friend?

I have a friend that is currently seperated from her husband. They have three daughters that are 8, 2, and 10 months. I babysat them for four hours on Saturday while my friend and her husband went to a funeral. Well I was shocked to find that their house is really dirty (and I mean dirty diapers everywhere, junk, grease a 1/2 an inch thick on the stove!), there was hardly any food in the house, nothing to drink other than water. I was just shocked kids have to live this way! So that night I was talking to my friend and I offered to buy them some food. I said it in a nice way and just told her many times we have had to ask my inlaws to buy us food too because we had hit a hard time. Well she turned it down saying that they are getting food stamps on the 7th. I would believe her but she has told me this same lie before. I know its not my business but I worry about those kids. Is there anymore I can do or should I let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP HERE.....I would like to add that CPS is already involved due to an incident that happened in their home a month ago. I just dont know why they arent doing something about this :(
    Anonymous

• Is there anyway that you could buy some groceries and then leave them at her front door so she doesn't know that it was you? It's hard a lot of the times to realize that you need help and even harder to ask for help sometimes. Just make sure she knows that you are willing to help her out to the best of your ability when she needs it.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:41 PM on May. 3, 2010

• is not your business:)
    Anonymous

• I think its a pride issue. I always turn down help when someone offered too.

but if someone left something on my doorstep....I'd take the help.

go get some groceries for the kids and leave it on the step.

Anonymous

• CPS wont do much, i called them on my SIL and her bf and they stopped by her house they didnt answer so they left them a note saying they will be back and they cleaned up there stuff so when they showed back up they didnt see anything.then my SIL and nephew became homeless and was living in shelters in the winter and had no food and yet with CPS knowing about this they still let her keep her son. and they kept giving him back to her without her having a job, place to live,or taking parenting classes.its stupid. and my poor nephew was a walking skeleton, wearing a 10 pound dirty diaper all day, she never changed him, and he is almost 4 and weighed under 20 pounds. but yet they still didnt take him from her. she finally gave up her parental rights and let a family that is friends of the family adopt him. and they put a restraining order on her and most of the family has to have a backround check before we can even sendhimaletter
    Anonymous

• thats a good idea get groceries and leave them on the step. or the next time you babysit bring food over gradually. or have someone do the shopping for you and bring it to you while you are sitting and you could put the food away.
    Anonymous

• You could always invite her and the kids over for lunch or dinner often, and feed them really, REALLY well.
    Anonymous

• i know i have been told this numerous times, but you could also give her name and address to a local church and they will donate food to her and her family. and you can ask that it is annon..
    Anonymous

Do this and send leftovers home with her if she will accept them.

Anonymous

• Ok the only thing you could possibly do to help without humiliating her is to buy her a grocery store gift card, slipping it in a card and leaving it anon on their front door. The fact is that a newly seperated family is going to have problems adjusting especially with three kids which likely is why their house is a mess. What you could do to help is to offer to take care of the kids one afternoon and you and your husband go clean the mess up then head out the door without it being acknowledged.
    Anonymous