I do not salute the flag, I do not sing the star spangled banner, I work hard in a field that helps people everday, I'm not on any gov't help, I pay my taxes, I dont break the law, I'm polite and I hav 2 well behaved kids. But I do not salute the flag, I do not sing the star spangled banner, Does this make me a bad person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• not in the least
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Be Prepared to be bashed not by me though. But may I ask WHY Not if you are in this Country?
    Anonymous

• A bad person? Well, I guess not. Unpatriotic, and someone I don't agree with? yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No. It is your choice and your right to salute or not salute or to sing or not sing. America, land of the free, right?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No but why don't you move out of the USA if you cannot appreciate your freedom and those who have died for it. How old are you? Maybe that is why you do not remember the wars and appreciate all those that have lived before you.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I dont for religious reasons.
    Anonymous

• It makes you a bad American. If you are so ungrateful why don't you move to Africa or Mexico for a month and I bet you'd be screaming the Star Spangled Banner and saluting our flag 24 hours a day. People like you are a disgrace.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I might add though, that I dont hate the country, I recycle and try to be as green as I can.
    Anonymous

• No it is your choice,, but I am curious to know Why you don't? I mean if your allegiance is to another country okay,,I wouldn't fault you for any choice you make as far as your personal beliefs,, but as an American, no matter what I think of the goverment I am happy to live in a country that allows women to have a voice,, I don't agree with the current administration,, but salute and sing to pay my respects for all of the people who died to give me the choice if I want to or not!!! I have a friend who is the same way,, and to each their own,,but not for me,, hope you don't get too bashed!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

-------------------------

I did spend a considerable amount of time in a third world country and I know how bad it is, I still wont pledge to a flag.
    Anonymous